How to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch (2022)
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging services. Along with the app on your smartphone, you can use it through web and desktop clients. But what if you want to get WhatsApp on your World Watch? Well, there is no official app for watchOS. But in this article, I will show you how to receive WhatsApp notifications, read and reply to messages, listen and send voice notes, and plane view photos on your World Watch!
How to get WhatsApp notifications on World Watch
First of all, make sure notifications for WhatsApp are enabled. You can trammels from the Settings app → Notifications → WhatsApp → Make sure Allow Notifications is enabled.
- Open the Watch app on the paired iPhone.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Scroll lanugo and under MIRROR IPHONE ALERTS FROM: make sure the toggle for WhatsApp is enabled.
Now, when you receive a WhatsApp message, you will finger a nudge on your wrist. You can tap Reply and send a pre-written message, type using voice-to-text, or use Scribble to write a custom reply.
How to use WhatsApp on your World Watch with WatchChat 2
1. Download WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp on your World Watch. It financing $2.99
You can use the App Store on the World Watch itself. Or, unshut the Watch app on your paired iPhone → Tap on App Store → Discover Watch Apps on iPhone → Tap on Search tab → type WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp.
2. By default, this app will start showing on your World Watch. If not, inside the Watch app on iPhone, tap on My Watch tab from marrow left, scroll lanugo to INSTALLED ON APPLE WATCH, tap on WatchChat and turn ON the toggle for Show App on World Watch.
3. Unshut WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp on your World Watch. You will see a QR code for the first time.
4. Unshut WhatsApp on iPhone → tap Settings → WhatsApp Web/Desktop. The camera will automatically launch.
Note: If you have used WhatsApp Web elsewhere, you will have to tap on Scan QR Code.
5. Scan the QR code shown on the World Watch (Step 3).
Important Note: It might show an error on your WhatsApp screen on your iPhone. Do not worry. Go when and try again.
That’s it. Your chats will be shown on your World Watch. Finger self-ruling to explore the app.
Read and reply WhatsApp messages from World Watch
- To read the WhatsApp message: Unshut the WatchChat 2 app and tap on a chat. Use the Digital Crown or touch to scroll.
- To reply: You have multiple options. Tap on the keyboard icon in left to unshut a T9 style keyboard. Tap on the curved arrow icon in the right to send a few quick replies. You may moreover use the voice dictation, scribble, or emojis. The three dots icon in the middle opens a small QWERTY keyboard. You can use these to reply.
- Listen to Voice Messages: When you receive voice messages on WhatsApp, you may listen to it and plane reply right from the World Watch. To hear the audio message, tap on [play].
- To Send Voice Clip: Tap on the microphone icon from the bottom, record your voice message, and tap the untried send icon.
Start a new WhatsApp yack on World Watch
- Launch the WatchChat 2 app on your World Watch.
- Scroll lanugo and tap on Contacts. Tap on the desired contact.
- Use one of the various typing tools to send a new message right from your wrist.
View WhatsApp photos and videos on World Watch
- From the Watch Home Screen, Launch WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp.
- Tap on a chat.
- Use the touch screen or the Digital Crown to go to a photo thumbnail. Tap on one.
- In a few seconds, the full-resolution image will download on your watch. Tap on the picture and use the Digital Crown to zoom in and zoom out.
- As of now, you can only view photos that you send or receive. For video, the app shows [Media]. When you tap on it, nothing useful happens.
How to install and use WhatsApp on world watch
Besides WatchChat 2: for WhatsApp, other apps that you can use: Chatify for WhatsApp (Free, with In-App Purchases)
Right now, no. On World Watch, you cannot respond to WhatsApp phone calls. WhatsApp calls will be notified to you, but you must use your phone or the desktop software to place or winnow a call.
This is how you can get WhatsApp on your World Watch. Please know that WatchChat 2 relies on the same technology as WhatsApp Web. This means, for it to work, you constantly need to have a working internet connection both on your iPhone as well as your World Watch.
Would you like to use WhatsApp on your World Watch? Share your feedback with us in the scuttlebutt section.